Professor Betina Hollstein joins the EMPAS
Professor Betina Hollstein joined the EMPAS as a full professorial member on 1 June 2014 by a decision of the board of directors.
Professor Hollstein is the chair of Qualitative Methods of Empirical Social Research and Microsociology, a chair newly appointed to the University of Bremen this year. Previously, she was Professor of Sociology, in particular microsociology, at the University of Hamburg.
Gaining Professor Hollstein immensely strengthens our institute's teaching and research.
The EMPAS has moved
Four of the six EMPAS work groups and the EMPAS management are now located in the Unicom building (Haus Salzburg) in Mary-Somerville-Straße 9.
The four work groups in the Unicom building are:
- Prof Uwe Engel - Statistics and Empirical Social Research
- Prof Johannes Huinink - Theoretical and Empirical Dimensions of Social Structure Analysis
- Prof Uwe Schimank - Sociological Theory / Societal Differentiation and Governance Regimes
- Prof Michael Windzio - Migration and Urban Research
The work groups remaining in the Forschungsverfügungsgebäude (FVG) in Celsiusstraße are those of
- Prof Olaf Groh-Samberg and
- Prof Steffen Mau.
Report and pictures from the farewell symposium of Prof. Dr. Ansgar Weymann on January 28th, 2011 in the Haus der Wissenschaft.